Oakland Building Services Ltd’s Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP) sets out how resources will be managed and waste controlled at all stages during a construction project.
All projects in England with an estimated construction cost of over £300,000 must have a SWMP before work begins.
A SWMP covers:
- Who will be responsible for resource management;
- What types of waste will be generated;
- How the waste will be managed – will it be reduced, reused or recycled?
- Which contractors will be used to ensure the waste is correctly recycled or disposed of responsibly and legally;
- How the quantity of waste generated by the project will be managed.