Marylebone Free School
The works comprise of the remodelling of the existing teaching space on the ground and lower ground floor, to provide accommodation for a new 6th form school. The space will be temporarily used in the first year to accommodate a year 7 entry until the new free school is built within the Marylebone Area. The school is due to take its first pupils in September 2013 into Reception year.
- New metal stud partitioning, forming new classroom teaching facilities and reception area.
- Acoustic wall partition dividing classrooms 1 and 2.
- Remodelling of an existing shower and WC facility to accommodate additional welfare facilities.
- Minor alterations to existing small power and data outlets to accommodate new layouts.
- Extension to existing extract ducting to accommodate welfare facility remodelling.
- New entrance door and door entry system.
- New floor carpet and vinyl floor coverings to refurbished areas.
- Alterations to existing fire alarm system to accommodate new layouts.
The works consisted of the retaining of existing structural walls and building fabric with new partitioning and folding wall installation installed to remodel the existing teaching space, to accommodate 3 new classrooms, additional WC and shower facilities, new reception and breakout areas. All in compliance with Building Control statutory requirements.